Holy Cross is the main parish church in Daventry, Northamptonshire and was built sometime between 1752 and 1758. The foundation stone for the present Church building was laid on 8 April 1752 and the Church took 6 years to complete and the only addition to the original church was the central porch which was added in 1951. We were hired to erect scaffolding to all elevations and undertake a selected stone replacement and repair schedule with sand cast lead capping’s to the baluster copings.
- Second Excerpt: Architect:Richard Brook, Acanthus ClewsContract Duration:4 months
Scope of Work:
- Removal of old balusters copings.
- Removal of Baluster and replace with new.
- Various stone indents.
- Lime plastering.
- Sand cast lead capping’s.
- Replacement Cast iron rainwater goods.
- Armature repairs.
- Mortar repairs.
- Leaded lights replacement.
- Painting and Decorating.