- Second Excerpt: Architect:Acanthus ClewsContract Duration:5 days
Built in 1836, Abbots Hill in Hemel Hempstead was the home of inventor and architect John Dickinson. It became a girl's school in 1912.
Norman & Underwood was called in to repair damage to the chimneys as the original ferrous metal fixings were expanding and cracking the stone. Our masons dismantled the chimneys, removed the fixings and rebuilt them with stainless steel fixings which will not disintegrate. Lime was used to ensure the mortar would weather with the stone.
Scope of Work:
- Carry out a survey of the chimneys and record all details.
- Dismantle stone work and cut out ferrous fixings.
- Rebuild chimneys, with minor stone replacements.
0116 231 8000