The indoor market (1973) is a multi-level building containing a fish market and a delicatessen, as well as stalls selling clothes, haberdashery, footwear, jewellery, gemstones, and confectionery. A new extension has now been built at the abutment of the Leicester Corn Exchange (which was originally constructed as a trading centre constructed in 1850). This new 5500 sq/ft indoor hall continues to provide fresh meat, seafood, game and poultry, as well as artisan cheese, fresh bread, cooked meats and other delicatessen favourites.
This was a joint venture for the Norman & Underwood group; consisting of structural glazing, carpentry, single ply & fully supported metal roofing.
The milestone was to seal the roof decking during the early stages of the contract to ensure interior trade works could commence in order to keep to a demanding programme.