The first formal hands on training experience in using lead comes in the form of the basic bossing and welding courses. Bossing and Welding are two most common skills used by today’s leadworkers and these courses provide a starting point for learning these essential foundations of leadwork practice.
This course combines the two main working techniques into a concentrated training programme and will include safe working methods for the product.
On completion of the course delegates should know the health and safety procedures for working with lead sheet and be able to form leadwork details by bossing and welding techniques.
While there are no special entry requirements this course would be useful for roofing and general building contractors who want to become more skilled in the prefabrication and installation of typical lead flashing details.
Offering the full range of courses with basic training available on site with Norman & Underwood.
- Training Prospectus
- Basic Welding
- Basic Welding & Bossing
- City & Guilds 6055 Leadworkers Certificate Modules 1 – 4
- Advanced City & Guilds 6055 Leadworkers Certificate Module 5
- Specialist Apprenticeship Programme (SAP) QCF Level 2
- Specialist Apprenticeship Programme (SAP) Heritage Leadwork QCF Level 3
- All Training Courses – Apply