SAP is a 2-year apprenticeship scheme that leads to a QCF Level 2 in Metal Roofing (Lead & Hard Metals) while automatically gaining a City & Guilds 6055 Leadworkers Certificate and Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) recognition, once successfully completed a health and safety test.
This training scheme is designed to be delivered in a modularised manner by a combination of formal instruction off-job, followed by on site training with an employer, where the final end assessment of the skills and knowledge gained will be carried out.
- Trainees will gain experience through off the job training sessions in every aspect of the industry.
- Flexibility through the on site training elements to suit the employer’s core business requirements.
- Understand the hazards and safe working practises within this specialised industry.
- Learn to form and install lead sheet flashings, weatherings and roof details to a variety of roof finish to recognised practise and standards of competence.
- Delivery of an QCF Level 2 over a 2-year period.
- Gain a City & Guilds 6055 Leadwork certificate.
- CSCS recognition (on successful completion of a health and safety test).
- Training Prospectus
- Basic Welding
- Basic Welding & Bossing
- City & Guilds 6055 Leadworkers Certificate Modules 1 – 4
- Advanced City & Guilds 6055 Leadworkers Certificate Module 5
- Specialist Apprenticeship Programme (SAP) QCF Level 2
- Specialist Apprenticeship Programme (SAP) Heritage Leadwork QCF Level 3
- All Training Courses – Apply
Please note: some courses may run at other training facilities in the UK.